When you have a tooth/teeth removed, it is important to follow the care instructions advised by your dentist. These will include:
– Maintain gentle pressure on the gauze pad to encourage blood clot formation
– Don’t drink through straws
– Avoid rinsing and swilling
– Avoid alcohol and cigarettes
– Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed.
You should also take things easy and take painkillers if required.
“Proper hygiene is critical to prevent oral infections post tooth extraction. Check with your dentist on how you can maintain oral hygiene without causing damage to the surgery site.”
Read more in-depth information about aftercare here: https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/tooth-extraction-aftercare-4-tips-for-speedy-recovery/