South African government officials have announced that we are currently experiencing a 2nd wave of coronavirus, indicated by the large increase in the number of cases in the past few months. The number of COVID-19 cases during this second wave is expected to be a lot higher than those with the first wave. We have to be responsible enough to take the necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of ourselves and others around us.
We have many branches throughout the provinces which have been deemed hotspots of this second wave, namely KwaZulu-Natal and the Western Cape.
That being said, we find it crucially important to emphasise the great number of hygiene protocols and anti-coronavirus procedures that are being implemented throughout all of our branches in Durban and Cape Town.
Apart from our daily hygiene protocols implemented to ensure a hygienic environment due to being a medical clinic, all our staff and dentists are highly equipped and trained to continue to apply both local and international hygiene protocols and procedures for the prevention of the spread of any bacteria or virus at our practices.
It is certainly important that you visit a professional dentist for any dental needs that you may have, even during these times of a global pandemic – so as long as the dental practice is taking all hygiene protocols and procedures seriously.
These hygiene protocols and procedures applied include:
- Dental Team are in full PPE,
- Temperature readings are taken of all staff and patients,
- The front desk, pens, card machines, surfaces, and the entire surgery room is completely sanitized after each patient.
- Strict screening processes are conducted upon patient appointment bookings
- All sanitizers and disinfectants used throughout the practices are all hospital grade and effective against germs and viruses.
- Spaced out appointments allow for thorough disinfection between patients
If any patient requires any sort of general or specialised dental treatments but putting it on hold due to fear of the virus, we urge you to seek professional treatment at any Family Dental Care branch near you and we can assure you that you will be entering an environment of great sanitation and hygiene.