The Myobrace system refers to a modern technique for straightening teeth without the need for metal braces.
This pre-orthodontic treatment makes its main focal point of treatment identifying the deeper underlying reasons for the individual’s crooked teeth without resorting to extractions or traditional metal braces.
The treatment is most effective for children between the ages of 3 and 15 and uses a series of multiple removable gum guard looking appliances. They are required to be worn for up to one to two hours every day and throughout the evening while sleeping.
Benefits of myobrace:
• Allows for the development of correct oral habits
• Correctly develops and aligns the jaws
• Straightens the teeth
• Enhance facial development
• Improves overall health through oral development
• Promotes healthy eating habits
Myobrace assists children with the following:
• Breathing through the nose correctly allowing more oxygen to enter the body
• Correct tongue resting position
• Correct swallowing techniques
• To keep their lips together
If you think your child may require a Myobrace, visit Family Dental Care and ensure optimal oral health for your child without the need for braces or extractions.